Life is tough! We get it so we figured we'd come up with some reasons for you to not go to the gym today.
1. Your bed is so comfy.
2. You forgot to pack your weightlifting shoes.
3. You got out of work 30 minutes late.
4. The Yankees are playing and they only have 160 games left this season.
5. You didn't get enough sleep.
6. You didn't have a great lunch.
7. There is running in the workout.
8. Your 5K is coming up.
9. You're getting married next week.
10. You haven't gone in so long, why start today?
11. You have a trip coming up.
12. You don't have a trip coming up so why bother.
13. You have to watch the the entire "The Office" series on Netflix...again.
14. You have a hot date tonight.
15. It's your birthday.
16. You've been eating really well lately.
17. You haven't been eating really well lately.
18. You have work tomorrow.
19. You haven't been training hard lately.
20. You've been training really hard lately.
21. You forget how to sign up for class.
22. You'll be embarrassed.
23. There are double unders in the workout.
24. You didn't get to eat breakfast.
25. You've got so much going on lately.
26. It's so hot out.
27. It's so cold out.
28. It's raining.
29. It's so nice out.
30. You didn't drink enough water today.
31. Your watch says you got enough steps today.
32. Your friends aren't going today.
33. You'll start working out when it gets closer to summer.
34. Your arm hurts.
35. Your leg hurts.
36. You don't want to get too muscular.
37. You can just work out at home.
38. Somebody cut you off on the way to the gym.
39. You'll just let your husband/wife work out this week instead of you.
40. Your buddies are going out for pizza tonight.
41. You don't have any time.
42. You're too old.
43. You're too out of shape.
44. You cut your finger yesterday.
45. The workout clothes you packed don't match.
46. You just got your nails done.
47. You're sore from the last workout.
48. You didn't feel sore from the last workout so it's not working.
48. It's not Monday and you always start things on Mondays.
49. You didn't see results from yesterday's workout.
50. You already took a shower.
51. It's so far.
52. You forgot your wrist wraps.
53. You didn't have your coffee yet.
54. You ran out of protein powder.
55. You have to get in shape first before you go to the gym.
56. You don't know what the workout is.
57. Your sneakers feel weird and you probably need new ones.
58. You'll go tomorrow.
59. You just don't feel like it.
I gave myself exactly 5 minutes to come up with that list and I could probably keep going for awhile. We're all capable of coming up with plenty of reasons to not go to the gym but the reality is nobody cares that you have to watch "The Office" again, your health and fitness certainly don't, so figure it out and get after it.
*Two things: One, a lot of these "excuses" came to mind because of the amazing people I see at Apache every single day that say things like, "Yeah, I got off work late today but I didn't want to miss my workout" or "I went to a party last night but heard the alarm this morning and got right up to get my workout in." Two, we don't expect you to go to the gym every day.
I'm pretty lucky to be surrounded by dedicated people.
"Squat, jump, climb, throw, lift." Greg Glassman